Hello there, book fiends!
I am back with another “Thoughts I had while reading..” post. This time we’re talking about The King of Battle & Blood by Scarlett St. Clair. Book #1 in her latest series, Adrian X Isolde. The winner of my Instagram Stories poll ! Follow my Instagram [ here ] to participate in upcoming polls. First up, let’s have a look at the cover & synopsis. I have the Indigo Exclusive Edition, which contains a bonus chapter from Adrian’s POV.
About Scarlett St Clair’s new Series
Their Union Is His Revenge.
Isolde de Lara considers her wedding day her death day. To end a years-long war, she is to marry vampire king, Adrian Aleksandr Vasiliev, and kill him. ⠀
But her assassination attempt is thwarted and Adrian threatens that if Isolde tries kill him again, he will raise her as the undead. Faced with the possibility of becoming the thing she hates most, Isolde seeks other ways to defy him and survive the brutal vampire court. ⠀
Except it isn’t the court she fears most—it’s Adrain. Despite their undeniable chemistry, she wonders why the king——fierce, savage, merciless—chose her as consort. ⠀
The answer will shatter her world.
My full review for King of Battle & Blood is [ here ]
King of Battle and Blood NEW NA Fantasy Romance Series
- Wow, that second sentence. “The black tops of their tents looked like an ocean of sharp waves and seemed to stretch for miles, melding with a red horizon that was the sky that extended over Revekka, the Empire of the Vampire.”
- Zombies, fun (Strzyga)
- Ah, Van Helsing rules. Red skies blocking out sun allowing daywalkers.
- Proper women do not fight Isolde. Delicate as glass girl – know your place. HA.
- Ok Commander Killian, you can fuck right the fuck off. Loser.
- I like Isolde’s attitude. Go girl.
- Adrian seems like he’s less of a monster than Killian.
- Seriously, the fucking nerve of Killian. He is the monster. I hope he dies soon.
- Already all these vamps are better than the mortals.
- Are the people of Lara all stupid?
- A better welcoming to her new home than the send off from her old home. Poor Isolde. The humans are the monsters in this tale.
- I’m curious about this supposed curse.
- Isolde is definatly going to uncover some nefferious shit about her mother.
- I think I’m in love with Adrian.
- Jealous much Isolde? Wow. Look at my husband and die bitches ! She’s unhinged.
- History is perspective. Everything is a matter of perception. Everything.
- Ok, the jealousy is getting to be a bit much now Isolde.
- Interesting statement from Ravena. Will bloodletting allow Isolde to remember her past life fully?
- A posioning. How purple wedding.
- Betrayl after betrayl after betrayl.
I have fun doing these, and I hope you enjoy them too. Again, if a book blogger is doing something similar, credit to them. I have only ever seen it done with movies and tv shows.
Happy Reading !